Contenu en Français
ADHD@Home is a neurofeedback medical device for the self-modulation of brain activity. With the ADHD@Home, the patient learns to regulate his brain activity into a range associated with healthy brain function. The normalization of brain activity is associated with ADHD symptoms reduction and performances improvement.
The activity of interest (also called neuromarkerTM) is extracted from the EEG signals and depicted to the subject in real-time in a way that is easily understandable. The real-time feedback is provided by means of a serious-game modulated by the neuromarkerTM.
During the prescribed training session, the patient learns how to gain control on the game and train his activity in the desired direction. When he achieves his goal, he is rewarded in the game. According to the operant conditioning process, rewards helps strengthen the association between the feedback and the brain activity – and thereby enhance the therapeutic efficacy of neurofeedback.
The diagram below shows the key steps of NFT with the ADHD@Home device.
NeuroFeedback Training Processing Steps
(1) Acquisition step: EEG signals are detected (electrodes in the Headset), amplified (Amplifier), and recorded (Software on the Tablet)
(2) EEG Signal pre-processing and de-artefacting
(3) Extraction of neuromarkers: e.g. computation of Theta Beta Ratio, SMR power etc…
(4) Modeling: use of biomarkers to produce a model of the patient brain’s activity (normal vs. abnormal)
(5) Translation into command: the model drives the command signal based on the patient brain activity during the training session
(6) Modulation in serious game: to teach real-time regulation of brain activity through operant conditioning
Finally, ADHD@Home is a personalized medical device adapted to patients from 7 to 13 years old. In order to maximize the clinical efficacy of the treatment, the solution offers a personalized choice of neurofeedback protocol based on the most relevant EEG neuromarkersTM to train and the age of the subject.